IHSA Competitive Opportunities
- Scholastic Bowl
- Speech & Debate Team
A full list of our Co-curricular Activity opportunities and their sponsors:
- ACRONYM – Student newspaper, internet editions.
Sponsor: Tracy Townsend
- American Computer Science League – Computer science competition team.
Sponsors: Namrata Pandya & Pat Patankar
- Chess Team – IHSA competition and school club.
Sponsor: Mo Haney
- E-Sports – Online gaming competition / IHSA Competition
Sponsor: Meghan Kernats
- Drama Club – A student theatre organization.
Sponsor: Julie Dowling
- Math Team – Math competition team.
Sponsor: Evan Brummet
- Model UN – Model United Nations simulates multilateral international bodies and domestic cabinets with the aim of solving past or present world issues by:
– Facilitating organized and civil debate and discussion of current events, historical events, and global politics.
– Using the simulation of multilateral international bodies to improve students’ abilities to collaborate, communicate, write, and think critically about global events.
– Encouraging students to think and question the mindset of a global leader
- Mu Alpha Theta – National math honorary society. Holds activities throughout the year.
Sponsor: Janice Krouse
- Robotics – Club to learn more about robotics.
Sponsors: Grant Bell & David Mahler
- Scholastic Bowl – IHSA Competition
Sponsors: Laura Kopff
- Science Olympiad – A team competition in which students compete in 23 events pertaining to various scientific disciplines, including earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering.
Sponsor: Grant Bell & Jim Ramos
- Solo/Ensemble Contest – Students compete in the area and regional competitions in music and voice as well as IHSA events.
Sponsors: Mary Beth McCarthy (Instrumental) & Maria Barnhill (voice)
- Speech & Debate – IHSA Competition with speech & debate.
Sponsors: Peter Dong & Leah Kind
- Strolling Strings – Musical instrumental group.
Sponsor: Mary Beth McCarthy
- Yearbook – Production of an annual yearbook.
Sponsor: Joyce Symoniak