Please Note: Due to distance learning and without students living on campus, a small number of co-curricular programs cannot be offered during distance learning, the Academy will continue to provide 15+ co-curricular activities for students to engage in. Individual questions can be directed to Mr. Richard Palmer, Coordinator of Athletics and Co-Curricular Activities (email@example.com).
IMSA offers competitive opportunities in the following IHSA co-curricular programs:
- Scholastic Bowl
- Science Olympiad
- Speech Team
A full list of our Co-curricular Activity opportunities and their sponsors:
- ACRONYM – Student newspaper, internet editions
Sponsor: Tracy Townsend
- American Computer Science League – Computer science competition team
Sponsors: Namrata Pandya & Pat Patankar
- Chess Team – IHSA competition and school club
Sponsor: Moe Haney
- E-Sports – Multi-school trivia competition
Sponsor: Marcos Beltran
- Drama Club – A student theatre organization
Sponsor: Julie Dowling
- Math Team – Math competition team
Sponsor: Evan Brummet
- Mu Alpha Theta – National math honorary society. Holds activities throughout the year.
Sponsor: Janice Krouse
- Robotics – Club to learn more about robotics
Sponsors: Lingyi Meng & David Mahler
- Scholastic Bowl – A multi-school trivia competition.
Sponsors: Eric Rettburg
- Science Bowl – A quiz-show format contest where students are asked questions in the categories of biology, chemistry, physics, math, energy, and earth and space science
- Science Olympiad – A team competition in which students compete in 23 events pertaining to various scientific disciplines, including earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering.
Sponsor: Grant Bell
- Solo/Ensemble Contest – Students compete in the area and regional competitions in music and voice
Sponsors: Mary Beth McCarthy (Instrumental) & Lara Brink (voice)
- Speech & Debate – Promote speech, compete in tournaments
Sponsors: Peter Dong & Leah Kind
- Strolling Strings – Musical instrumental group *Please note this will not be offered Fall 2020.
Sponsor: Mary Beth McCarthy
- Yearbook – Production of an annual yearbook.
Sponsor: Joyce Symoniak