Find Your Passion
With over 75 clubs, organizations and athletic programs, there are activities, events, and opportunities to explore different cultures, sports, technology, and new avenues of creativity for all students. IMSA is a place to fit in and branch out. To discover.
Mar 30 – Apr 3: Dress Up Days:Quarantine Edition
Monday – Crazy Sock Day
Tuesday – Social Distance Twin Tuesday
Wednesday – Pajama Day
Thursday – Titanwear Thursday
Friday – Fashionable/Fancy Friday
IMSA Virtual Activities
These are great ways to “meet up” and stay virtually connected with your friends, classmates and student organization members.
- Join the McHarper Manor weekdays on Facebook for a daily art project tutorial. Art projects will range from watercolor paintings to chalk art to canvas painting and will take place live at 11 a.m. MDT. Videos will be available after the live class on the McHarper Manor Facebook page.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! Join Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home for a live daily doodle lesson at 11 a.m. MDT. Videos will be available after the live class on the Kennedy Center YouTube channel.
- Follow Planet Fitness on Facebook for live-streamed daily workouts several times a day.
- Is yoga more your thing? CorePower Yoga hosts on-demand classes to keep up your practice from the comfort of your living room.
- Take on stress with an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own. Guided meditations can be downloaded in both English and Spanish.
Tours and Museums
- Check out some cool places around the world from national parks to national landmarks.
- Experience the best museums from NYC to France to Seoul in the comfort of your own home. Check out these sites to go on virtual tours of different museums and specific exhibits.
More fun things to do
- Have a Netflix Party with friends while watching your favorite shows together!
- Have a long distance movie night with family and friends.
- Choose from 15 Broadway plays and musicals that you can watch on stage from home. Musical television more your thing? Find your next show to binge watch on the list of 11 musical TV shows.
- Create a collaborative playlist with your friends or jam out to Rita Wilson’s Quarantunes playlist.
- Need a new book to read? Borrow an ebook from the E-Read Illinois.
- Take up a new hobby like making towel animals or crocheting, or choose from thousands of other tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Watch an opera for free with the Metropolitan Opera.
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony.
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections” campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world or choose from 1,500+ coloring pages with Just Color.
Please note that this ACTIVITIES Calendar serves as a reference for IMSA STUDENTS AND STAFF ONLY. This calendar is a combination of several calendars in place around campus (Facilities-Internal events, Athletics, Residence Life, Student Council). All reservations for space must go through Dottie Krett (x5058). For questions about this calendar, please email Amy Woods.