LiveSafe at IMSA
LiveSafe is a personal safety app that provides students, faculty, staff and parents direct access to IMSA Security and other key departments to easily communicate safety needs. Its easy-to-use features enable IMSA to better protect our students, staff and faculty.
Use LiveSafe to:
- Share information, tips and safety concerns with IMSA staff and security, including picture, video, and audio attachments.
- Stay anonymous, or send your user information and location to security as soon as you call or message.
- View a helpful safety map detailing the locations of resources including AEDs and blue light phones.
- Activate a GPS-tagged Safe Walk feature to allow your friends and family to track you until you arrive safely to your destination. You can only be tracked during your walk and upon your request.
- Receive timely notifications with important information from IMSA. Examples include school closings or shelter in place.
To get LiveSafe:
- Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Create your account.
- Students and staff must use your IMSA email address to create your account. Select "IMSA" as your School/Agency.
- Parents can use either your email address or your cell phone number to create your account. Parents must select "IMSA Visitor" as the School/Agency.
- Passwords should include one of each of the following: a lower case letter, a capital letter, a number and a special character.
- Complete your user profile. Be sure to include an email address and cell phone number to ensure you receive email and text message notification from the Academy.
- We recommend turning on location sharing and push notifications to maximize the features of the LiveSafe app. Note: Location sharing allows you to receive help in case of an emergency. LiveSafe and IMSA are NOT able to track your location.
For more information about downloading and setting up LiveSafe, check out this video.
Additional LiveSafe Information: