Hours/Shift/Work Schedule: This position is a full time temporary position from mid-May through early August, 2018.
This position provides assistance for all aspects of Summer@IMSA programs. Ideal candidates will work collaboratively with adults and students, have experience working in a fast-paced environment with both small and large groups, and have a strong attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare and manipulate classroom materials for Summer@IMSA student enrichment programs based on specific directions in each lesson plan
- Assist with participant check-in, drop-off, departure, lunch/recess and other facilitation needs of Summer@IMSA student enrichment programs
- Interact daily with IMSA students and participants
- Supervise/observe facilities as requested (labs, classrooms)
- Assist with clean-up and storage of materials at the end of the program.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong results-oriented organizational skills with attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal skills in relating to multiple audiences including students, parents, staff, and community members
- Proficiency with computer applications such as word processing, and Excel
- One-year of college, or IMSA graduate with Allies program experience
Preference will be given to candidates who additionally possess the following:
- Experience working with young students in an educational setting
- College experience in education or a STEM field
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office setting and in storage rooms, with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Time is spent working on a computer. This role requires the following physical activities: talking, hearing and visual acuity, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, loading, unloading and moving materials/boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
These positions are is a temporary, full-time, non-exempt, employment-at-will positions. Start date for them is as early as mid-May 2018 and extends into the first week of August 2018. Position compensation is $10.25/hr.
Applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume, and the contact information of three professional references to: Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy, Attention: Dalia Luna, 1500 Sullivan Road, Aurora, IL 60506, or e-mail email@example.com. Letters of interest with all appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the positions are filled.
The Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion or national origin. This policy also includes the handicapped and all disabled Vietnam era veterans. IMSA utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.