The affirmation, appreciation, and inclusion of multiple cultures are vital to ensure that all students, faculty, and staff and the IMSA community will be able to thrive in a multicultural academic and residential environment. From this perspective it is important that community members be effective at interacting across cultures, which is essential to IMSA’s vision of “igniting and nurturing creative, ethical scientific minds that advance the human condition”. IMSA’s diverse cultural groups also include the political orientations, statewide regional cultures, and the multiplicity of beliefs, ideas, and visions that are critical to fostering an educational environment where students, faculty, and staff exchange ideas freely, encourage critical thinking and reexamine their personal perspectives.
For additional information contact Adrienne Coleman, Ed.D., Director of Equity and Inclusion by calling 630-907-5079 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Harvard University Implicit Association Test
- Illinois Department of Public Health, LGBTQ on Campus
- National Association for Gifted Children
- National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education
- Women in Science and Engineering Leadership Institute
- Faces of IMSA on Facebook