Welcome to IMSA's One to One Computing Initiative Technical Support Page.
Note: Historically IMSA has provided access to a high quality, lower cost package deal. Demand for this has been declining steadily over the past few years so we have discontinued this program. However our provider may still be able to offer similar savings and can be contacted at Connections (formerly PC Connection/Gov Connection).
Questions concerning the One to One Computing Initiative technical support programs can be directed to the following e-mail address or phone number.
- Ralph Flickinger (ITS Special Projects Manager)
- E-Mail: email@example.com (preferred)
- Phone: 630-907-5198
The IMSA student is a unique computer user. IMSA students place a high demand on their computing device, most use their computer more then a professional working adult.This demonstrates the need for a high quality, well built laptop for an IMSA student. All students entering IMSA must have a computing device that meets specific minimum specifications, which are listed below. It will be the student's and their families responsibility to maintain this computer. Loaner computers are available for students/families with financial difficulties, see the Scholarship Loaner Program information below.
Class of 2020 Required Laptop Computer Specifications (PDF File) - DETAILS, Recommended Read
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (Macintosh OS is not recommended)
- Intel i5 CPU or equivalent AMD processor
- Minimum of 8GB of main memory
- Minimum of 128GB SSD (Hard Drive) Drive
- Optical Drive (CD/DVD) - Optional
- Wired (LAN) Ethernet Connection - Optional, but recommended
- Intel Wireless Network (Intel 7260AN) or equivalent, NOTE: Intel wireless cards work the best in the IMSA buildings, other brands have had issues
- WebCam - Optional
- Multiple USB (1.1, 2.0, 3.0) Ports, used for connecting various scientific or video equipment
- Bluetooth (4.0), used for connecting various scientific equipment like robots
All families need to obtain and install a copy of Microsoft Office 2016/365 (Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Word)
- Microsoft Office for free (Microsoft’s Office in Education Program)
- Microsoft Office, Home and Student Edition, purchase links:
Recommend purchase by no later than July 7, 2017
One of IMSA's vendors has offered to provide IMSA families and staff computers from multiple manufactures that meet the minimum recommended specifications listed above.
Purchasing Web Site: Connections (formerly PC Connection/Gov Connection)
- You will need to create an account on the system before ordering
- Since these are custom built laptops, the ordering system will show them as "out of stock". They are not built until orders are placed.
IMSA students will need additional software installed on their computers depending on the courses they have selected. Below is a list of the software that maybe required. Some of this software is free (open source) and other software is provided as a part of IMSA's site license agreements. When the student registers their computer on our network during move-in week they will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to install this software. Some of this software is available via the Internet and can be installed before hand.
|Software Name||Installation Information||Department|
|Audacity with LAME Module||http://www.audacityteam.org/download/||Recommended|
|Peanut||On Campus Only||Math|
|Wolfram Mathematica||On Campus Only||Math/Science|
|WAMP Server||https://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/||Computer Science|
- If you wish to request a Scholarship Loaner Computer please contact the Principals Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-907-5053
- The Principal's Office will inform you of the process for requesting and receiving the scholarship award
- Student's must reapply each year for a scholarship loaner