- First Vice-Chair of Board of Trustees
- Member of Executive Committee
- Trustee Since 2005
- Representative of Higher Education, appointed by the Executive Director of the Illinois Board of Higher Education
Director of the Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, Northwestern University
- M.A. in Education, Northwestern University
A widely recognized expert on gifted education and talent development, Dr. Olszewski-Kubilius has designed and conducted supplementary, outside-of-school educational programs for learners of all ages. She is active in national and state level advocacy organizations for gifted children in the Midwest and is past president of the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC). She has taught psychology, research and talent development courses at National Louis, Northeastern Illinois and Northwestern Universities. Dr. Olszewski-Kubilius has conducted research and published extensively on issues of talent development, particularly the effects of accelerated educational programs and the needs of special populations of gifted children. She has also served as the editor of Gifted Child Quarterly, as a co-editor of the Journal of Secondary Gifted Education and on the editorial advisory boards of the Journal for the Education of the Gifted and Gifted Child International.