The IT Engineering Group works primarily behind the scenes to provide a myriad of services to the community, including the creation and operation of core IT services for the IMSA community (email, web, file storage, printing, databases, directory services, etc.); creation and operation of secure, reliable and robust systems; installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure (servers, storage, network, etc.); design and maintenance of software tools; installation and operation of systems providing data to the IMSA community; and creation and maintenance of IT policies, standards and guidelines.
Standards and Guidelines
Please note: Some of the items in this section (marked with *) require a login on the IMSA Computing System to view.
- Acceptable Use of IT Resources
- Account Retention Procedure
- Banners and System Monitoring
- Email, Internet and Social Networking Use
- Remote Access to IMSA
- Security Awareness
- Use and Enforcement of Strong Passwords
- Use of External Sites
- Wireless and Personal Devices Procedure
- Network Honor Code
- Telecommunication Device Procedures for IMSA Employees
- IT Engineering webcam (currently offline)