Nominations are open!!
Click here to nominate an IMSA Alumni for an IMSA Board of Trustees Alumni Award!
The nomination form is live as of November 8, 2017 and will close on January 1, 2018 at 11:59 pm central time.
The IMSA Board of Trustees Alumni Awards are the highest honors bestowed to alumni in recognition of their accomplishments and contributions. By showcasing alumni achievements, IMSA is delivering evidence to its stakeholders that the Academy is a strong investment in the economic and social well being of our state, nation and world.
There are three awards: one that is awarded when merited and two that are awarded annually, provided that there are qualified candidates.
**Please note: Nominators may only nominate ONE candidate per award.
**Please note: The Alumni Trailblazer Award is only bestowed when merited and may not be awarded each year.
- The nominee is an alumnus. An alumnus is any person who was enrolled in IMSA’s residential program and has remained in attendance for at least one semester.
- If selected as an award recipient, the nominee is able to attend the awards ceremony, and to accept the award.
- The achievements of the nominee fulfill the criteria defined in one of the following awards:
I. The Alumni Trailblazer Award (bestowed when merited)
Honors alumni who personify IMSA’s philosophy statement that there will be alumni who “create new intellectual worlds, cure a dreaded human ailment or in some other way significantly influence life on our planet.”
The outstanding achievements of these honorees will have earned national or international prominence for a groundbreaking or sweeping initiative that has redefined and improved the way significant numbers of citizens live, learn or work.
II. The Alumni Distinguished Leadership Award (awarded annually)
Honors alumni who have made distinguished achievements or leadership contributions in their professional fields of endeavor consistent with IMSA’s mission
The awardees also may be recognized for significant civic or community contributions or for extraordinary courage and selflessness under challenging circumstances.
III. The Alumni Titan Award (awarded annually)
Honors alumni, who through outstanding service to IMSA, advance the institution’s mission and work.
The honorees are enthusiastic and energetic IMSA champions who dedicate significant time, talent and/or treasure to endeavors that help the Academy fulfill its role in developing talent and leadership in mathematics, science and technology for our state, nation and world.
Selection of the Recipients
The Alumni Awards selection process will consist of:
- An IMSA committee, appointed by the Development Office, will review all applications and present recommended award candidates to the Board of Trustees Executive Committee.
- The Board of Trustees Executive Committee will review the recommendations and make the final selection.
- Award recipients will be notified in March by the Development Office. Acceptance of the awards is contingent upon award recipient's attendance at the IMSA Board of Trustees Alumni Awards event, which will be held in the spring.
Click here to view the alumni awards nomination form.
A list of previous award winners can be found on http://digitalcommons.imsa.edu/alumni_awards/
Questions may be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org