The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website provides valuable information about financial aid.
Additional Financial Aid Resources
Financial aid plays a central and essential role in supporting post-secondary education by providing money for college to eligible students and families. Learn more about the different forms (the FAFSA and CSS Profile) of financial aid by visiting:
- Federal Student Aid Office (www.fafsa.ed.gov) – Create your FAFSA Account, Apply For FAFSA Aid, and more!
- Federal Student Aid Estimator – Use this estimator to get a free early estimate of your eligibility for federal student aid
- CollegeBoard – Scholarship Search, College Savings Calculator, College Cost Calculator
- CSS Profile (CollegeBoard) – CSS Profile gives access to more than $9 billion to thousands of undergraduate, graduate, and professional students
- Alternate Application to apply for Illinois MAP Grants – Application for students who do not qualify to file a FAFSA (i.e., undocumented and transgender students), to apply for the IL MAP grant.
Please visit each college’s financial aid website to learn more about scholarships. Additionally, more scholarship resources are available at the following websites:
- FinAid – The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- FastWeb – Your Connection to Scholarships, Colleges, Financial Aid, and More
- Scholarship Guidance – Helping Schools Every Day
- Cappex – The nation’s largest, multi-billion dollar scholarship database
- Scholarships.com – You find the money. College finds you.
- AffordableColleges.com – Financial Aid and Scholarships for Minorities
- GoingMerry – One app for all your scholarships.
- Unigo – A comprehensive list of scholarships.
- BestColleges.com – A comprehensive list of college-related scholarships.
- Scholarship America – Nation’s largest nonprofit, private scholarship organization.
- Formswift.com – Guide to appealing financial aid packages.
- Tuitionfit.org – Compares award letters to create a “Kelley Blue Book” of true college prices.
- Premiernursingacademy.org – Scholarships for Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Pacific Islander, Native/Indigenous American, veteran, female, or students with disabilities.
- Studentscholarships.org – The largest collection of scholarships on the web.